If your project requires electrical engineering help, we urge you to contact RBC. With decades of medical device-specific experience, we utilize tools including Altium™, OrCAD®, and PADS® to produce designs in all electronics sub-specialties including RF medical devices, analog, digital, and optical.
And, when designing RF medical devices and other products in each of these domains, our electrical engineering firm understands that they will all eventually be working together in sometimes hostile environments, and must meet challenging patient safety and regulatory requirements.
Medical Device Design & Development Services
Among the designs we actively support:
- Analog Design. Our electronics design specialists in ‘signal acquisition’ and ‘instrumentation’ can design all types of filters and analog signal processing, instrumentation and isolation, motor and solenoid control, and feedback control systems. Some examples of analog instrumentation solutions from our electrical engineering firm include:
- Precision physiological light measurement systems requiring 140dB of dynamic range
- Direct-to-digital diagnostic ECG amplifiers allowing significant product size reduction
- Microvolt signal measurement through unshielded cabling in industrial conditions
- High-pot instrumentation for production insulation testing to greater than 1Mega ohms
- Feedback control system for stabilizing RMS cathode current in x-ray tube during exposure
- Low-cost capacitive proximity and motion sensors for medical applications
- Low-cost medical pressure measurement system replacing expensive multi-transducer system
- Micropower, mixed-signal, data collection system capable of operating for months on a lithium coin-cell battery
- Digital Design. RBC designs digital systems ranging from
single-chip, low-cost, 8-bit solutions to complex, multi-processor, multi-peripheral products. Such broad experience, combined with analog instrumentation, DSP, RF and software expertise, allows us to consolidate traditionally non-digital functions within our digital designs. Our medical device development approach lets us provide design flexibility while minimizing component and assembly costs, product size, and power consumption.
- RF Design. Over the past couple of decades, our electrical engineering firm has designed many RF medical devices from low-power communication devices to mid- and high-powered RF Generators for use in cardiac, orthopedic, and cosmetic procedures. We have a long list of client success stories built upon our depth of experience in tackling the challenges with defining, specifying, designing, implementing and testing RF medical devices to all applicable efficacy and regulatory standards.
- Optical Design. RBC Medical Innovations also has a deep history with medical product design projects that use illumination, imaging, sensing, therapy, diagnosis, and analysis. Our technology portfolio includes:
- Photon Migration Simulation
- Near Infrared Spectroscopy
- Physiological Signal Analysis
- Advanced Digital Filtering Techniques
- High-Resolution Analog and Digital Signal Processing
- Proof-of-Concept Prototyping
- Clinical Validation Support
Electromechanical Design, Development, and Manufacturing
We conclude this page they way we began it: If you’re in the market for an electrical engineering firm, we urge you to contact RBC.
Electromechanical Design, Development, and Manufacturing (in low volumes, by hand, all in the United States) is what we do each day. We’re confident we can help you and, if we can’t for whatever reason, we surely can point you to the right resource.
510(K), PMA, AND CE MARK SUBMISSIONS
Depending on your needs, RBC Medical Innovations can produce all or part of the design documentation required for a FDA 510(k) submission, pre-market approval, or a CE Mark technical file.