- Re-engineer the product to achieve EMC regulatory compliance
- Give the product a “face-lift” to match the client’s new branding.
HOW RBC ADDED VALUE:
RBC adapted to significant change in the product scope while maintaining the original schedule but only increasing the project by less than 10%.
For this project, RBC worked remotely and virtually with the client team.
The major deliverables for the program were:
- Consistent branding: The endoilluminator look and feel is now consistent with client’s family of products.
- Achieve EMC compliance: The endoilluminator electronics and software was updated and tested to ensure EMC compliance.
- Easier to control: New software and electronics now have the product more easily controlled inside the sterile field.
- Made it stackable: The endoilluminator now conveniently rests atop the accompanying equipment. Previously, floor space was needed for two separate units.
TECHNICAL AND DESIGN CHALLENGES
For this project, we used a reaction injection mold instead of a traditional plastic injection process. That’s what materially shortened development time – and it’s here and ready to use on your project!
And, when changes in the client’s market significantly changed project and product requirements, RBC was able to quickly adapt and complete the project on time.
No matter how straight forward your project appears, you’ll want a partner like RBC who can adapt to any changes to product or project requirements that may come up.