PROJECT: RF Puncture Generator
• Improve appearance and functionality of the predicate product including increased accuracy and output
• A partner that provides world class customer support for design, manufacture and service instead of a supplier that does not.
HOW RBC ADDED VALUE:
The best value we provide for this client is the comfort knowing they have a proactive, trusted partner for their products. We completed this product design – from start to verified system – in 12 months and have been providing responsive, reliable manufacturing and support services ever since.
Specifically for this radio frequency generator, which delivers high-accuracy, controlled tissue puncture using radiofrequency energy, RBC:
• Increased output voltage: From 200V to 400V to allow greater treatment efficacy
• Increased precision: Shorter, higher-energy bursts facilitating pinpoint energy delivery
• Protected against obsolescence: We sourced a more appropriate bill of materials and updated the DHR accordingly
RBC MANUFACTURED FOR SCALE:
This client created the market for controlled tissue puncturing and required one RF Puncture Generator unit at a time.
RBC specializes in low-volume medical device manufacturing. We make a few hundred RF Puncture Generator devices per year for the client.
Once the design was complete and quality was verified, we collaborated with the client to setup a responsive manufacturing scenario: a scalable match between the production ramp and the sometimes unpredictable market demand. Since RBC specializes in energy-based medical device manufacturing and had already worked on the design, it made sense to have us produce and service the product.