PROJECT: Spinal Tumor RF Ablation System
- Compete successfully in the spinal vertebral ablation market
- Market a product that upholds the identity of a top medical device manufacturer in the world
HOW RBC ADDED VALUE:
RBC leveraged its relationship with Energize Medical, who specializes in RF generation and fluid delivery systems, to execute this program quickly and efficiently, and to ensure a steady stream of reliable product is available to the global market.
Need a design, development, and manufacturing partner to be flexible?
Once you hear this story, you’ll look no further than RBC for a flexible business partner.
- The predicate device was developed by Company A but was too innovative for what was then an undeveloped market.
- The division that made the predicate device was sold to Company B but the predicate device was not included in the sale.
- Company A needed to build a new RF generator to make use of the valuable assets. RBC won the business based on prior work.
- 14 months later, after developing the generator, pump and accessories for Company A, the entire company was sold to much-larger Company C, which is now a valued RBC client and beneficiary of Fast2Market and Advantage platforms.
Despite all the challenges, we still launched in 21 months!(Products like this one typically take 3-4 years to develop and commercialize.)
LOW-VOLUME MEDICAL DEVICE MANUFACTURING:
Low-volume medical device manufacturing – producing in hundreds or low thousands – is a strategic advantage for RBC Medical Innovations. Specializing in energy-based products, our US-based manufacturing facility has more than 13,000 square feet and our central location in the Kansas City metropolitan area makes us a great fit for your medical device production needs.
Most importantly, our Design & Development team invites our Manufacturing team into early conversations so when it’s time to produce at scale, we’ve already integrated Design for Manufacturability and Testability into your product.