PROJECT: Vascular Compression System
15+ years’ support on its serial compression system, now in its third generation with the 700 series. The Vascular Compression System delivers “circumferential compression (to the leg, foot or both simultaneously) to help prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).”
HOW RBC ADDED VALUE:
RBC has partnered with this client on its serial compression system for almost two decades. For the latest generation, RBC was asked to:
- Upgrade the SCD to add connectivity to the company’s back-end infrastructure.
- Allow users to install new software and product updates remotely without a service call.
- Upgrade the LED display to a color LCD display providing improved visual feedback.
WHY THE VASCULAR COMPRESSION SYSTEM STORY IS SIGNIFICANT FOR YOU:
Beyond demonstrating the long-term value of a continuous partnership with RBC, the Vascular Compression System upgrade program enabled the client to:
- Enter new markets: This third-generation product helped the client expand into the home health market.
- Connect to HQ: Before the retrofit, the Vascular Compression System was a stand-alone unit with no way to communicate metrics back to the manufacturer.
- Reduce overall costs: With users able to download software updates, service calls and return shipments are reduced.